Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tis The Season..

'Tis the season' to be busy! I have really been slacking on my blog the last few weeks. I have been busy with school programs, christmas parties and shopping! I'm happy to say that I have finished my Christmas shopping and can finally relax and update my blog! Braxton had his third grade Christmas program which was very entertaining. They sang a number of Christmas songs and played a song with their recorders.

Last year we started a new Christmas tradition with the Mickelsen's. We all get together to have dinner one night and afterwards we decorate gingerbread houses with the kids. I love this tradition. The kids have a blast designing their houses with icing and candy. When they are finished they are pretty proud of their creations!

I'm excited for this week! The boys are out of school and we have lots of things planned to do. One of our favorites is making sugar cookies together. The boys love decorating them and taking them to family and friends. Another Christmas tradition that we enjoy with the Mickelsen's is putting the star up on the Red Knoll and going for a wagon ride. We also have a Christmas Eve party with my family that has been a tradition for as long as I can remember. It has always been at my Aunt Carole's house in Gunnison. The kids favorite part is after dinner when we have a special visit from Santa!








2 comments:

Amber Baker said...

How fun! We will miss you tonight, but can't wait to see you on the 26th!

Brooke said...

Hey, this is Brooke Gladwell. I just came across your blog. I can't believe how big Braxton is!! I remember babysitting him as a baby. Man I feel old! I have two boys also.

My blog is private, but if you want an invite, send me your email to brookegbowers@hotmail.com and I'll get one sent to you.